Things to Consider When Booking a Wedding Photographer
AUGUST 3, 2023
1. Look at their editing style. Do you prefer light and airy, warm tones, cooler tones, etc.? This is important to know before you choose the right photographer. I’ve known photographers who have gotten requests to change their editing style for a specific client. Pick someone with the editing style you like. This is the photographer’s work of art. Please don’t ask them to change it for you.
2. Get to know them and see if your personalities work well together. You will most likely be spending more than eight hours with them. Are they someone you would want to spend all day with?
3. Figure out what their backup plan is in the case of an emergency or if they are sick and can’t make it. Do they have a second shooter or an associate photographer to come in their place? I personally have shown up to a wedding three days after surgery with medical tape on my neck.
4. Consider the pricing. Do you prefer to go the cheaper route with a photographer who is less experienced or spend a little bit more on good quality images?
5. What are you hoping to get out of the experience? Prints or online galleries? Are you wanting photo albums or a free engagement session? Do your research on packages and see what is the best fit for you.