1. Keep track of everything you spend: I keep a notebook, notes on my phone, and an Xcel spreadsheet. I use the notes in my phone to keep track throughout the week of money I've spent, and then I run numbers in my notebook. I write down how much I spend, and how much money I can spend for the rest of the month. My Xcel spreadsheet is used to keep track of what I spend with my debit card.
2. Use Xcel spreadsheets to keep track of what you are spending with debit/credit cards
3. Pay off credit cards weekly.
4. Buy some things used. This looks like for me buying used phones, gently used camera lens, used cars, etc.
5. Take the road less traveled for education. I saved so much money not going to college and saving that money for camera equipment and online courses.
6. Buy new clothes only once a year. Yeah, I normally only buy new clothes once or twice a year. I do like my name brand clothes like Patagonia, North Face, Carhartt, etc. so I save up and only buy it once a year.
7. Drink water at restaurants and skip dessert. Sometimes I still get dessert every now and then...
8. Save sixty percent of your money, tithe ten percent, and spend the remaining thirty percent. This is a rule my parents gave my sisters and I growing up, and it helped me invest in my savings account.
9. Use Dave Ramsey's resources on saving money. One of the tips was to buy cheaper food like bread, cottage cheese, lentils, bananas, quinoa, etc.
10. Buy makeup once a year. Unless I've got a special occassion, when my eyeliner or eyeshadow is gone, I buy more at the end of the year.
11. Cook instead of eat out.
12. Don't buy a full meal when eating fast food. I would normally just get a large fry or one sandwhich instead from Chick-fil-a instead of a full meal.
13. Shop at stores that have cheaper prices. I especially like Aldi.
14. Keep old clothes. lol I have plenty of old clothes that still look nice so I keep them or use them for pajamas.
15. Go to the library instead of buying books.
16. Take advantage of restaurant apps and free points, and also birthday rewards. I especially love this with Chick-fil-a.
17. Hand wash your car instead of using a drive thru car wash. I'm spending two dollars every week washing it by hand.
18. Don't wash your hair every day. I'm a big fan of beanies when I'm working from home.