1. Do what you want! It’s your wedding day. Not your parents’ or your well-meaning guests. You can be the one to choose what kind of photos you want or the details of your day.
2. Drink plenty of water and eat food. I know it may sound like common sense, but you will be so busy that many brides forget.
3. Be prepared for the unexpected. Anything can happen. Make sure you have a backup plan for the unexpected. Talk with the vendors and make sure you understand what the options are if they cancel in the case of an emergency or are sick. Will they have a second shooter or an associate photographer if they can’t make it?
4. Consider having a first look with your groom before the ceremony. If you are experiencing a lot of anxiety or nerves before, why not spend more time with the person you love and feel safest with?
5. Be in the moment. Enjoy the special moments and little things and try not to worry about the unexpected. It is only one day, and there are so many people who are there to support you and celebrate your special day with you.