I have struggled with social anxiety a majority of my life and PTSD for the past couple years. Here are a few things that have helped my mental health.
1. Therapy: I used to think that I could handle everything on my own. Christmas Eve 2021 I finally hit my breaking point and decided I just needed to try it. It really helped change my life, and it was one of the best things I could've done for myself.
2. Breathing exercises. I struggled a lot with panic attacks and although I still do at times, this has helped me.
4. Weighted blankets. It's hard for me to sleep with a twelve pound blanket, but it is very nice when watching a movie or reading a good book.
5. Adult coloring books. As much as I never wanted to be this person, coloring is actually very good for your brain and proven to help with anxiety.
6. Lavender essential oil. I use this in my essential oil diffuser every night while I sleep.
7. Holding ice cubes/anything cold.
8. Journaling or writing stories. Writing is also very good for your brain, and this is the best way I can express my feelings.
9.Being mindful of how I feel around certain people. I'm choosing to invest more time into people I know will be good for my mental health. Do I feel happy after I leave or drained?
10. Being self-aware. Instead of automatically assuming I'm not good enough, I'm trying to take time to understand someone else's situation. Are they also struggling with something right now? Do they struggle with time management so its not that they don't care, but they had to cancel because they aren't good at managing their time?